Support – problems during operation
Answers for common questions during commissioning and use of the dosing controls
Does IML Electronic distribute complete dosing solutions?
No. The devices in the Dosistar series are electronic control and regulation units used to control electric direct current pumps. Additionally, we can offer flow meters and pickup sensors that work well with our dosing controls.
However, to build a complete dosing system, you will need additional components (depending on the complexity) that we do not offer:
- Shut-off valves
- Reservoir containers
If you require a complete dosing solution, please contact one of the system suppliers with whom we closely work.
Which Dosistar is suitable for my application?
We are happy to assist you in selecting a suitable device for your specific application. To provide you with the best support, it would be helpful if you could gather the following information before contacting us:
- For new systems:
- Electric data of the pump: current/voltage/power according to the nameplate or datasheet
- Is a flow meter required?
- Desired minimum and maximum flow rates (control range)
- Substance to be dosed? Water or nitrification inhibitors (Vizura/Piadin/etc.)? Corrosive or aggressive substances such as phosphoric acid?
- Desired cable assembly (cable length) for the flow meter?
- Are there any other sensors needed?
- For replacement devices for existing systems:
- Complete serial number (DS-xxx-####) / exact device type
- Detailed description of the issue, as minor problems can often be repaired.
What to do with problems related to old argus electronic devices?
IML Electronic has completely taken over the distribution, support, and maintenance of Dosistar devices from argus electronic. We strive to repair even older devices in case of defects. In cases where repairs on particularly old devices are no longer possible due to discontinued components, we can offer you suitable replacements.
The recommissioning causes problems, what to do?
Problems when recommissioning dosing controls most likely occur in the area of cabling/plug contacting
Please check all electrical contacts and connectors:
- tight fitting of plug and socket
- tight fitting of all cables inside the plugs
- clean contact surfaces inside plugs and sockets. Use contact spray to clean them if necessary
If the pump starts but no flow is detected despite good electrical sensor connections, please clean the flow meter. To clean it thoroughly, the emergency running function can be used, allowing manual adjustment of the pump’s performance.
Which flow meter do I need?
For optimal results in measurement and control, the correct selection of a suitable flowmeter for the desired flow range is crucial. The following table provides an initial non-binding guideline for this:
|Flowmeter Type||Flowmeter value for water Wasser [Imp/L]||max. flow [L/h]||min. recommended flow [L/h]|
If the recommended minimum flow rate is not met, there is a risk of generating too few pulses per second for a clean measurement. This can lead to measurement and control errors.
When sizing the pump, it is recommended to provide a control reserve of approximately 20%. This means that the maximum flow rate oft he pump should be 20% greater than the desired maximum flow rate of the entire system.
Dosistar VD Series
Why can’t I turn on my device?
It can happen that the push button moves on its axis and then rests against the front panel of the device and can be difficult or impossible to operate. Solution:
- Carefully pry off the cap covering the push button
- Slightly loosen the 10mm nut holding the push button
- Pull the push button 3mm away from the front panel, fix the 10mm nut in this position
The dosing does not start, and Standstill is displayed
The message Standstill appears only when the wheel sensor is activated. If the Dosistar is operated without a wheel sensor and in dosing modes like flow measurement or charge dosing, the absence of the wheel sensor is interpreted as a stationary vehicle, and the dosing is paused.
To resume dosing, the wheel sensor must be deactivated in the “Sensor Functions” menu.
In older devices, this setting involves simultaneously adjusting the wheel sensor and the pickup polarity. Choose one of the first 2 combinations from the following 4 possibilities (depending on the pickup polarity):
- Normally Open / Wheel sensor OFF
- Normally Closed / Wheel sensor OFF
- Normally Open / Wheel sensor ON
- Normally Closed / Wheel sensor ON
If you are working without pickup functionality and without a wheel sensor, use the setting Normally Closed / Wheel sensor OFF.